Friday, July 08, 2005

Macy and Luke







Here are some pictures of our 'adopted' kids, Macy and Luke. They actually belong to our best firends here, Paul and Janna Willingham, but we're around them so much that it almost seems like they're ours. When we moved here, Macy was 3 and Luke was about 8 months old. In these pictures, Luke is about 19 months old and Macy is barely 4.

In the first picture, we are inside the top of the monastery on Mont St. Michel. Macy happened to be playing in the window and I told her to quickly look outside so I could take a picture. Just as she looked outside, the sun hit the stained glass windows in the most perfect of ways, and I was able to get this shot. Nothing has been altered to make this photo look the way it does...it was just pure luck (and I think it was God's way of saying 'Hello'). This is the best picture I have ever taken and may be the best I'll ever take. Needless to say, I'm proud of it!

We had a blast with Paul, Janna, and the kiddos on our 'camping' trip and Matt and I both agree that it was one of the best trips we've taken while here.


No comments: