Thursday, February 08, 2007

A-Flight Makeover

As a surprise for Matt's return from his deployment, I decided to clean and re-paint his office a nice shade of tan. Re-doing his office was something that I had been wanting to do since the day he took command, but he told me I wasn't allowed to, because it was his guys' office not mine. So, I left his office alone (it was so ugly) for the longest time. Well, with him gone, I decided that it had been long enough...so I re-painted the dirty white walls. I wasn't sure what to do with the coyote Boose had painted on the wall, so I decided to frame him in with a faux frame made out of ceiling molding/chair railing that I painted black. The trickiest part was getting the 'frame' to adhere to the wall. It took several tries and a ton of deadly helmet glue (I couldn't nail anything into the wall). So, other than framing Mr. Coyote, I left everything else as it was, and just gave the room a little face-lift and deep cleaning.

Matt liked the new paint job, so that was a good thing. Here are some AFTER pictures of his office. I wish I had taken some to show you what his office looked like before the paint job. The sad thing is, his office looks 200% better than it did before...and I still think it's ugly...so you can only imagine how bad it looked before. The furniture is a compilation of old bachelor throw-aways and old Air Force crap...it's not pretty! In my eyes, there could be vast improvements made to the A-Flight office, but since it's not my office, it will have to stay like it is for the time being.

No comments: