Thursday, February 01, 2007

Viva Las Vegas

In January 2006, Matt and the squadron flew to Las Vegas, Nevada for Red Flag and WIC Support. Red Flag is a big exercise at Nellis AFB that simulates a war environment for the guys to practice in. There are hundreds of airplanes and several foreign countries that participate in the month long exercise, so the guys love getting to fly with and against all of the other jets. After Red Flag, the guys stayed in Vegas to help the Weapons School by providing air support. Red Flag and WIC Support is a fun TDY for the guys, especially since it's in Vegas. Matt (Goat) has been out to Nellis several times now, but this trip was one of the most fun since my brother, Matt lives there.

Since both of my Matt's were there, I hopped on a plane and flew out to join in on the fun. Goat had just moved into a great house in North Las Vegas in the early fall, so I volunteered my services as lunch maker, dinner preparer, and house keeper so that I could stay at his house. While there, my mom jumped on a Southwest flight and joined us all for a few days--so it was a full house. Matt was able to sneak away from his hotel room for a night or two and carpool into work with Goat, so it was a great time for all of us to catch up and spend some time together (not to mention, get to spend Matt's birthday with him).

No comments: