Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Ava's FIRST Steps!!!

Of course, there's a ton of things I need to put on the blog, but I've been really busy with planning a squadron fundraiser ever since we returned from vacation (the auction is over now, so I should have more time to blog!). Anyhow, this is the FRESHEST thing on my mind and I wanted to share it with all of you.

As of tonight, October 7, 2008, Ava Holt is officially WALKING! For the past month or so, Ava's been taking 2-4 steps and then stopping to squat...standing back up and then taking a few more steps, then squatting again. To us, those steps didn't really qualify as walking...just step taking. So, tonight Moose and Matt were on the floor playing with Ava while I cleaned up the kitchen after dinner. Moose was holding Ava's wind-up frog toy and Ava started walking towards him to get it (she took about 10-12 steps). She knew she was doing something different and of course, we cheered her on along the way. She was so proud of herself and we were over the moon with excitement. Since I was doing the dishes, I wasn't able to get to the camera fast enough and only caught the tail end of Ava piecing together the art of walking for the 1st time. I can't complain though...at least I got something!

Hope you enjoy watching Ava take her first real steps walking as much as we have...



WHAT happened to our little infant? She's no longer a baby!

4 comments:

Casey Garrison said...

Yea! How exciting! She's gotten so big! Can't wait to see you all in a month, but I guess I'll just have to be jealous this week as Mom and Dad are there. :)

Allenfamilyadventure said...

I can't believe how big she is!! Walking!! Do you realize that the last time I saw her, she was only a month old? What a sweet girl! It's a whole new world to her now! What are your Thanksgiving plans? Do they include a trip to TN?

Hilary said...

I can't believe Ava's walking! It's a whole different world now...

Whitney said...

She is just too cute!! I am very jealous Mom & Dad are there to hug your cute little girl. We love you guys and can't wait for December!