Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Big Kid Sofa

I bought this brown velour down sofa (and two matching chairs) for my future children when we were living in Germany last year. It ends up, the same month I bought the sofa and chairs, I got pregnant (I bought them in Luxembourg when Matt was TDY to Turkey in February 2007)...and yes, it was only a coincidence! The reason I bought the sofa and chairs is because they're smaller than the typical American sofa and chairs and because it's filled with 100% down (plus I got them for a STEAL). I thought that they would make a great addition to a playroom someday. Well, that someday has come sooner than later and I think that once Ava gets big enough, she's going to love sitting in the sofa and chairs to play with her toys, to make pretend forts, or to watch Baby Einstein DVDs. Matt still thinks the set looks like something from the 60's, but luckily the textured fabric and velour look has come back in style. I promise it looks better in person!

Here's Ava sitting in her big girl sofa while Matt and I unpack a box from our wine shipment...




No comments: