Monday, March 24, 2008

Daddy's Home!

On Saturday, Ava had a very big day. Matt's parents left to go back to Texas early that morning and then late that afternoon her favorite person walked through the door to see her. Daddy was home! I was actually nursing Ava when Matt opened the door and as soon as he walked through the door and over to see us, Ava had the biggest smile on her face (and she was D-O-N-E eating for that feeding!). Ava was just beside herself in excitement to see her Daddy. She gets excited to see her Nan and Poppa, GG and Grandpa, and all her other family, but there is no comparison to the excitement she gets when she sees her Daddy for the first time after he's been gone for a while.

Of course, Matt was just as equally excited to see his little girl. Even though he was exhausted from his 2 days of travelling to get home, he couldn't wait to play with Ava. He couldn't believe how much she'd changed in just a week--especially with her ability to sit up better and her dexterity playing with her new toys. Here are some pictures of the two of them reuniting right after Matt grabbed her from my lap. Aren't they both so cute?


Oh, have I mentioned that he wouldn't stop holding or playing with her for a couple of hours? I've been replaced as the thing Matt looks forward to coming home to the most (but it's okay with me because I love watching my two loves together!).





We were both so happy to have Matt home. There's just a special bond between Ava and her Daddy and they both miss each other so much when they're apart. Luckily, Matt was only gone a week. I can't imagine what Ava would do if he were gone longer than a few weeks--she would surely be tired of me!

1 comment:

Allenfamilyadventure said...

How CUTE!! That girl loves her daddy!! I can tell the feeling is mutual. I can't believe how big she's getting!!