Thursday, March 20, 2008

Ava O'Garrison...

On Monday, Ava was able to do something her Mommy will never be able to do...don 'Kiss Me...I'm Irish' flair. Since Matt's maternal side of the family is Irish, German, Dutch, and American Indian, Ava is allowed to celebrate St. Patrick's Day in full force. So, Ava's Aunt Casey thought it would be just the funniest thing to have little Miss Ava Bear in a 'Kiss Me...I'm Irish' onesie for St. Patrick's Day since she isn't quite the poster child for Ireland (aesthetically speaking). Her outfit did garner some funny looks from people while we ran errands that day, and it was all I could do to not laugh when people would do a double take when they read Ava's onesie and then looked at her face. I think they thought I was crazy. Had she been with Matt, they would have gotten it. I guess it's kinda like when Matt has Ava by himself and people think/ask if she's adopted (and then I appear and then they just smile in new-found understanding).
So, here is our little Miss Ava O'Garrison in her St. Patrick's Day flair..





Even though her Daddy wasn't here to celebrate the day with us, we made sure to celebrate it together by making St. Patrick's Day cupcakes. There was a recipe that I had been wanting to try, so we decided to use St. Patrick's Day as a vehicle to make it happen.

Well, the cupcakes were certainly homemade, as Ava and I got to make the batter, the caramel frosting, and the garnish from scratch (we dyed coconut green to use as a garnish to make them Irish in nature). Ava had a great time in the kitchen baking with me but she really loved icing the cupcakes the best. As you can see in the pictures, she was very helpful and very interested in the cupcakes...so much so that in the last picture as I was pressing the button on the camera to take her picture with the cupcakes we had just made, she stuck her fingers into the frosting of one of the cupcakes and proceeded to put her caramel frosting and green coconut garnish covered fingers into her mouth! Of course, I dropped the camera and frantically wiped her mouth out to make sure that she didn't swallow any of the coconut. What a goober!

1 comment:

Allenfamilyadventure said...

What a sweet Irish girlie!! Irish eyes ARE smiling!