Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Ava's Big Girl Moment

Well, our little girl is starting to grow up. Technically, she's been growing up since the moment she was born, but in the last 2 months she's really been changing from a completely dependant infant into a co-dependant baby. Besides the need for nourishment, Ava doesn't need me for everything like she used to when her age was counted in weeks. Now, she can entertain herself with toys, her jumperoo, her playmat, or her swing and she's recently become somewhat mobile (she uses her arms and legs to scoot herself around on the floor--think low crawling military style).

On Sunday, Ava really had one of her first BIG girl moments and I was so thrilled to have the camera nearby to catch the moment in action.

Ava has had some 'digestion issues' since we returned from CO and I was starting to worry about her little colon and intestines. So, I gave her a bottle mixed with a little corn syrup to try to get her system back to normal. It had been a little while since we had last given her a bottle, so I wasn't sure how it would go over with her (she's either hot or cold with the bottle). Well, she was hot. However, she was only hot if I would let her HOLD HER OWN BOTTLE! So, I let her take the reigns and she held her own bottle by herself for the first time. In the past, she's always put her hands on her bottle but she was never able to hold it on her own. Now, she's strong enough and coordinated enough to do it.

I couldn't (and still can't) believe that she's able to hold her own bottle now. It kinda makes me sad, as it's proof that she's growing up on me. But, on the flip side, I'm also excited since it shows that she's learning and developing as she should. Like I've said before, there isn't a day that goes by that we aren't amazed by our little Miss Ava.

Here are some pictures of Ava's BIG girl moment...

No comments: