Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Amy's 1st Official Mother's Day

Mother's Day 2007
Last year on Mother's Day, I was only a few months pregnant (13 weeks and 3 days, to be exact) and in Sardinia, Italy. I had just finished my 1st trimester and had what seemed like forever left until I had our baby. This year, I am the Mommy to a beautiful, active, witty, smart, and remarkably loving little 6 month, 1 week, and 3 day old little girl who has more than captured my heart. It's unreal.
Mother's Day 2008


When I look back on the last year, I just laugh as my priorities, my life, and my sense of self have completely changed. I've never thought of myself as a selfish person, but now that we have Ava, I could completely care less about things for me. My mom always told me that one day I would understand, and on November 1, 2007, I, for once, completely understood. Last year, Matt bought me a Maya Wrap (a baby wrap) for Mother's Day and I was over the moon. This year, Matt bought me things for Ava...and I am even more over the moon (it's what I wanted!).

Mother's Day 2007

As I mentioned earlier, last year Matt and I were in Sardinia, Italy basking in the beautiful Mediterranean weather with a little peanut inside me. This year on Mother's Day, I was inside P.F. Chang's in Summerlin, wrestling with a precious little girl who looks a lot like me but who is stubborn like her daddy, trying to get her to let go of the blinds that hung on the windows while making sure that she didn't choke on a straw (and also trying to get the mangled fortune cookie out of her hand before she punctured the plastic and choked on it). A lot changes in a year and within 366 days (it was a leap year!), I am now a bona fide Mother and I am so very proud to be Ava's.

Mother's Day 2008



Aside from the wonderful baby things that Matt allowed me to buy for Ava and our day out in Summerlin (PF Changs for lunch and then to the Red Rock for some Wheel of Fortune), my greatest present came from Ava herself. On Mother's Day, Ava crawled for the first time. Matt, Casey, and I all watched her as she took her first crawling movements across the floor and I was even able to get it on camera. Since that day, Ava has done nothing but crawl all over the house. It's amazing how fast she has picked the movement up and how quickly she gets into things throughout the house.



My first real Mother's Day was a memorable one and I will remember it forever. I am one very blessed and lucky girl to be the Mother to and the Mommy of such an extraordinary little girl.

No comments: