Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Mommy's Birthday

On Sunday, Matt, Ava, and I went out to lunch for my birthday. I didn't know where I wanted to go (strange), so amidst running errands we decided to go to Pei Wei. Now that Ava is getting bigger, going out to eat is becoming more and more tasking. She no longer sleeps through the meal. Instead, she wants to be standing up in your lap touching and grabbing EVERYTHING. So, we usually take turns eating (you can't hold her and eat at the same time--otherwise she and the table would be covered in food, drink, and slobber).

For those of you who haven't been to Pei Wei, there is a basket full of fortune cookies next to the fountain drinks. Well, Ava wanted a fortune cookie when we went to get our water from the fountain and like first time parents, we gave her one. That was one of the best gifts, as I think that fortune cookie (in it's wrapper, of course) entertained her for a good 20 minutes. She had the best time playing with it.

Here are Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum playing with the fortune cookies while I packaged up our leftovers...




No comments: