Thursday, April 24, 2008

Wiggle My Waggles All Away

Ava Holt is the biggest wiggle worm in the world. The child can shimmy herself just about anywhere within a 4 foot radius and it's not rare to find her completely flipped around and pointed in the opposite direction of where you left her moments prior. In these pictures, Ava was initially put down underneath her playmat with her feet pointing towards the far top right side of the picture and her head in the middle of the playmat just about where the caterpillar's head is on the mat (how you would properly lay a child down on a playmat). About 2 minutes later, I hear this tapping noise. So, I look over at Ava and this is what I see...

She had managed to roll over onto her stomach, do a 180 degree turn, untangle herself from the support bars on the playmat, and shimmy backwards on her tummy off the rug and onto the hardwood floors. The tapping was Ava hitting her right foot against the wood floors (for some reason, she loves doing this). As you can see, amidst her shimmy and wiggles she found the fringe on the rug to be quite fascinating.




In addition to the shimmy and wiggle, Ava has been trying to crawl. She's slowly piecing the elements of crawling together but hasn't quite figured it out completely. Here she is with her tush in the air and her arms out trying to get mobile...

I'm quite happy with her being semi-stationary, but I know my days are numbered. Matt and I need to start Ava-proofing the house soon!

No comments: